Wednesday, February 8, 2012


Popsicle Stick Challenge 2

Sub Day = Quiz Grade
Whenever I am out, what you get done that day (judged by how much evidence your provide for me on your blog alongside feedback from today's guest teacher) counts as a Quiz Grade. Show me how productive you were and keep your teacher happy and you'll be fine. If you choose otherwise, then... not so happy :(

I won't be here today or next class. Each day counts as a separate quiz grade.



On your blog, tell me about what you got done today. Both days are quiz grades! 

For my newer students, write it up in a google doc and share it with me.


Todays groups:
You can work in your previous groups when I get back. Don't challenge the group, and don't give your teacher a hard time, get over it and complain when I get back if feel you need to.

1- Michael, Thuong thuong, Jeremy

2- Tyler, Deseri, Brent

3- Billy, Raul, Jonathan

4- Thuong Thuong, Erik, Joseph


You will need a fairly large amount of popsicle sticks. Your goal is to build a bridge, using just popsicle sticks. No glue, no tape, no string... just popsicle sticks. It CAN be done, but it can be challenging. We, myself and a group of teachers, were able to build these during the summer in about 30-60 minutes in groups of three.

an example of a bridge using only popsicle sticks

a bit more advanced
Can you make yours this tall? How tall can you make it?
(take pictures of what you have before getting too ambitious, in case it collapses)


Take pictures of your completed bridge and post them on your blog 
(or in your shared google doc)


Discussion/Reflection Questions:
How hard was this challenge? 
Did it get easier as you went?
Do you think that working as a group made this easier?
How do you think this would of gone if you had to do this independently?
Discuss your thoughts to these questions on your blog (or in your shared google doc).

No comments:

Post a Comment