Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Robotics Today

Sorry guys. After I saw you guys Thursday, Dr. B had some things she wanted me to take care of today.

Whenever I'm not here, you receive a quiz grade. This grade is based on what evidence you provide on your blog for what you were able to accomplish. I'm only grading what you show me. If you have nothing to show me, then your grade will reflect that. I wont be asking later on what you got accomplished, it needs to be uploaded at the end of class. If blogger won't upload part of your work, take a screenshot of your work and leave it on your desktop and I can check your computer when I get back on Tuesday morning.

Keep your teacher happy today. Any reports of problematic students results in a detention. THIS is your warning.

If you check the board, people should be presenting soon, today actually. I'm not here, so we'll push them all back a day (if you'd rather have your's the day you chose and not pushed back a day, that's fine, just let me know next time you see me). If you should be presenting today, make sure you're ready next class.



What to work on:



1) Honda's Power of Dreams
Watch the Honda Power of Dreams video about Robotics.

2) BBC Ready for the Robot Revolution
Check out the BBC Article.

3) New Laws of Robotics
Read over the article here.

4) Response
Think about what you saw and read for a few minutes. Think about what you already knew about robots, and how does this add to and/or alter your views and understanding. On your blog, write me a response and reflection to what you gained from these media sources on your blog. 


5) Lego NXT
Start learning a bit more about what you're working with.
The website Ortop.org has some useful resources, including an Editor Introduction video which goes over some of the components we'll be using to build robots.

Watch the Editor Introduction video. This will make the next few steps when programming your robot easier. There's also a few videos on there that are pretty similar to your first task that you could check out if you want.

6) Independent Presentations
If you have remaining time, use it to work on your independent presentations that are coming up.


No comments:

Post a Comment